Spaced repetition flash cards are the best way to remember things. So to learn a language using spaced repetition flash cards are great. We created an Anki deck with 600+ common Arabic words and another Anki deck that helps with pronunciation. The files will be located below. First you must download the FREE Anki online software.
1) First you go to https://apps.ankiweb.net/ to download the Anki software on your computer.
If you find video helpful you can view this video until 3:00 https://youtu.be/sQkdB3cJwn0
2) Once you have downloaded Anki you will need to download the Anki decks
3) Arabic Pronunciation deck (Download Here)
4) Arabic 600+ words deck (Download Here)
5) Quranic Words ~67% of Quran Vocabulary (Will update the deck with more vocabulary in the future) (Download Here)
6) Once you have downloaded the decks you will need to import them into Anki. To do that go to ‘File’ then ‘Import’ find the deck you want to import and ‘Open” it and you are done. For video assistance on importing an Anki deck check out: https://youtu.be/F-DATokfAQU?t=2m42s
7) Once you import the decks it is recommended you include your personal connections, notes, and images to the words to help you remember better. To add an image go to ‘Browse’ Choose the deck you want to work on (ex: First 625 words (Arabic) Copy an image online (ie. Google images) paste it to the field where it says ‘Picture’. For video assistance on including images check out: https://youtu.be/AdmHcLJZPzQ
Note: Save/Bookmark this page as we will add more decks relevant to learning Arabic when they become available.
Note 2: Anki is a FREE software and can be used on all desktops for FREE. The Mobile app for Android phones is also FREE (the app is called AnkiDroid) and can be synced with your desktop. But the Apple Anki app is NOT free and currently cost $25.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
Quick advice, don’t use these decks. I downloaded the words deck and it’s full of mistakes actually almost every single card is incorrect.
عينا instead of أين
ايض instead of أيضا
Incorrect vowels on the verbs.
Constantly it’s teaching the incorrect thing
This is a bad resource